If, within one year of purchase (certain solid meranti doors and windows have a 5 year guarantee - please check with us), any of Doors Direct products proven to be defective by reason of faulty workmanship or materials, Doors Direct, undertakes, to have the defective product (or any part thereof) repaired, or at their discretion replaced free of charge, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The product shall have been used exclusively for its designed purpose, and used and maintained and handled in accordance with the installation procedures and handling recommendations detailed below.
- The purchaser must produce proof of purchase from Doors Direct when requesting a product service under this guarantee.
- A claim will not be considered if the agreed payment conditions were not adhered to.
- After replacement or repair of the product, the guarantee for the new or repaired product shall be valid only for the unexpired period of the original guarantee period.
- Consequential damages resulting from any defect in the product are expressly excluded from this guarantee.
- The Guarantee shall not apply to malfunction or damage resulting from accidents that occur during transit and / or handling, product misuse, improper use, abuse, neglect or negligence by the purchaser or anybody else, use inconsistent with the technical and/or safety standards, malfunction or damage due to unforeseen accidents, wear and tear, or any other external factors beyond Doors Directs' control, or to any product installed, repaired, adjusted, rebuilt, modified, changed or converted by any person (including the purchaser) other than Doors Direct.
- Due to excessive heat build up, any timber door panels that are painted black will not be covered by this guarantee.
- If, at any time during the Guarantee Period, any part of the product is replaced with a part not supplied or approved by Doors Direct, or the product has been dismantled or repaired by a person not authorized by Doors Direct, the purchaser shall not be entitled to any rights and/ or remedies under this guarantee.
- The purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy under this guarantee against Doors Direct is for the repair (or at Doors Direct discretion the replacement) of the product or any part/s and no other remedy, including, but not limited to, incidental or consequential damage or loss of whatsoever nature, shall be available to the purchaser. In no case shall Doors Direct liability exceed the invoiced price for the product.
- Doors Direct decision on all matters relating to complaints shall be final and binding on the Purchaser.
- Any defective product or part that has been replaced shall become the property of Doors Direct.
- Doors Direct does not make any representations or guaranties, express or implied, with respect to the products, including without limitation any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, except as expressly set forth herein. In no event shall Doors Direct be liable to the user for any lost profits or for special damages, indirect loss or any other damage.
All of our timber is kiln dried, however timber is a natural product and is subject to change, due to variations in humidity and temperature. The most important rule, when dealing with timber, is to ensure that all timber products are correctly treated with a sealer to protect against moisture penetration.
Prior to installation ensure the following:
- Your order was manufactured according to your requirements, when the delivery is made.
- All products are stored on bearers, on a flat surface, in a well-ventilated and dry area and out of direct sunlight.
- Doors shall be stored flat on a level surface with three bearers to spread the load. The bearers must be of greater length than the width of the door, and must be carefully leveled to ensure that all take an equal share of the weight. Doors must not be stored on edge or on end.
- All surfaces that will be in direct contact with walls or concrete are waterproofed by applying a coat of primer paint.
- All products are sealed with a sealer to protect it against moisture penetration or cement-mortar stains.
- All products are square.
- Timber products manufactured and or supplied by Doors Direct are not designed to be load bearing, and must have lintels installed above the products, with sufficient clearance to prevent any pressure from above on the products.
- Products are to be set up level and square. Particular care is to be taken with folding and sliding units, to ensure that the floor is perfectly level.
- Patio / French doors are to be installed complete as a unit - fitting locks, as well as top and bottom flush bolts immediately once doors are hung.
- All products are properly protected against building operations.
- .All units installed at floor level, must have a waterproofing membrane (e.g. DPC) fitted between cill and concrete / brickwork.
Procedures after installation:
- All glazing beads removed are painted or varnished all round as well as in the rebates. Attend to the end-grain of the glazing beads in particular.
- Glazing beads are sealed with silicone or putty against the glass panes.
- All joinery surfaces are sealed with a recommended exterior grade sealant, (e.g. Woodoc 30) according to sealant manufacturer's specifications.
- Doors are sealed properly on the top and bottom by drowning the end-grain in the sealant.
- Timber products require that they are maintained on a regular basis, to protect the products from deterioration.
- Doors should be handled and stored with proper care to avoid scratching and other damage.
- Doors must be correctly treated with a sealer, without delay and prior to hanging, after it's been fitted.
- After final trimming is completed, be sure to seal all 6 (six) sides with a recommended exterior grade sealant, according to sealant manufacturer's instructions. Give special attention to the top and bottom of the door.
- When glass is installed in a door, make sure that the rebates, as well as around the glazing beads including the mitered ends, are treated with a sealant.
- Solid Meranti Doors: Do not trim more than 30mm from the height of the door. Trim up to 10mm from the top of the door and up to 20mm off the bottom. Doors with 205 mm kick plates may have up to 35mm trimmed from the bottom.
- Do not trim more than 5mm in width, from door stile.
- Hollow Core, Medium Duty & Solid Core Doors can have a maximum of 5mm trimmed of the sides, top & bottom.
- In terms of SANS 545 (3.5.3) a warp shall only be considered a defect when it exceeds 3mm per linear metre on the concave face of the door when measured with a straight edge. This means that anything under 6mm on a 2032mm high door and anything under 7.2mm on a 2400mm high door will not be considered a warp.